My Vimeo Videos

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Where My Project fits in Post-Modernism

My project fits within Post-mordernism due to the large embrace of multiple activities within my project. The act of filming the video constitutes the making of props, acting, directing, and editing the video and sound. All these processes culminate into one project at the end. My piece also borrows heavily from past film. I have studied many noir pieces to determine the look and feel of my piece while developing a gritty revenge narrative that is closely associated with past films. My piece exemplifies this research and I make it my own. This research is pulled directly from pop culture and other mass media. This would be looked down upon if viewed by a "pure" modernist. My project deals with many different faucets of life and is looking at the difference of cinematography throughout film to make a cohesive body of work. This viewing of different art instead of the purist would also seem inappropriate to modernists.

No comments:

Post a Comment